Another fundraising idea from Easy Fundraising Ideas

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feed Oklahoma Now...that means today!

COATBRIDGE, SCOTLAND - JANUARY 22:  Staff at t...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
We are going to be doing a can/food drive during the month of October to help area churches with their food pantries, dates and more info coming soon.
 Someone said recently that "teaching a man to fish", if you're familiar with that saying, is the most effective way to teach someone to help themselves, and I agree with them to a point. Now, if  they don't have food or certain necessities first they why would they listen to anything you have to say, I mean really, feed first talk later.

If I was hungry and you assisted me in getting my immediate needs taken care of ,what you have to say to me will  have more effect and power and I'm able to more effectively listen to you. Word of mouth is the most effective means of spreading a message, if you're meeting the needs of people and delivering an effective message, they will start talking about you and continue to talk about you, hence your message is now almost on auto-pilot!

How about this, feed them , teach them to feed themselves, encourage and equip them to do the same for others...now that's powerful!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment